Enhancing the performance of leaders
A good understanding of EI can help leaders enhance performance. Leaders who are emotionally aware bring out the best in themselves and their teams.
Daniel Goleman, working with HayGroup, has developed a highly regarded international tool to measure Emotional Intelligence behaviours. This results from this help leaders to understand how they can bring out the best in themselves and their teams, colleagues and stakeholders. We are accredited to use the Emotional and Social Competence Inventory (ESCI).
This 360° diagnostic set against a framework for emotional intelligence helps leaders really understand the positive impact emotional intelligence has in the workplace. It demonstrates, in very practical terms, how leaders’ strengths and weaknesses influence the way they interact with others, manage relationships, and motivate and inspire others. Participants get powerful, objective feedback from their colleagues on their strengths as well as their weaknesses. This highlights the direct impact of their behaviour.
The 360° process
Here’s how it works:
- Participants nominate a number colleagues (their peers, people they line manage, stakeholders and at least one manager)
- A short survey is completed online by the nominated colleagues and the participant.
- The outcome of the survey gives participants a comprehensive report. This shows their strengths and areas for development against a number of key emotional intelligence competencies.
- After completion of the 360o survey, one of our accredited coaches will conduct an individual 1:1 session with each participant.
- The survey can be taken prior to leadership training at a fixed cost (which includes the survey, data analysis and a 1:1 coaching session).